Sunday, June 7, 2009

It Couldn't Wait

I am traveling and having a ball whilst taking a plethora of photos.  For those of you that don't know....these girls are family.  Extended family twice removed I think.  My goal with the first photo was to try to recreate a picture of my father's mother who's name was Cumorah Jones Brinton.  The first time I met Miss Riley was at a family reunion quite a few years back.  I thought then the family resemblance was uncanny.  It's the eyes...the eyes my father and siblings share.  The same eyes I see in several of my nieces and nephews.  The eyes accompanied by the full round cheeks.  I love it.  There are five generations that separate my grandmother and Miss Riley.  It hardly seems possible.  If you are related to Grandma Brinton....how did I do??? 

Miss Riley

2009 Utah Spring-2858

My Grandmother

Cumorah

Miss Reese

2009 Utah Spring-2353

6 comments:

Angie said...

I don't know grandma Brinton, but these girls are sure cute!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures..Riley does look like the picture of Grandma. I have that picture in my living room.....Shelley

Anonymous said...

Rachael: You may not remember me but I am Shelley's mom and Riley and Reese's g grandma. That photos you did of the girls are wonderful. When I opened the one of Riley - tears came to my eyes as she looks so much like Cumorah. Great job!!!!! Carolee

Eliza said...

love them!

Sarah said...

Rach!!! I love these! You are truly gifted in what you do...I love Owen's pic's too. I think she looks so much like Grandma and it is amazing to see...we are so lucky to have her eyes.

Dannette & Mark said...

Rach...I remember seeing this picture in your parents house when we were younger. The eyes are so Brinton. D