Sunday, January 3, 2010

Family

There was a miracle on Lake St. this year.  The second try was a charm and the infrequent hazy conditions of Southern California happened to cooperate with us.  I can't say as much for my father. Hee hee.  Luckily we got this done without anyone committing an act of violence on the photographer.  Turns out the hardest picture to take is the one I am supposed to be in.  It's not perfect....but it's mine!

2009 Brinton Christmas-33-13

2009 Brinton Christmas-33-11 

Oh...and here is my father seeking penance for his less than positive and unenthusiastic attitude about family pictures.  Excessive minimalization is being utilized in said description of my father's disposition just prior to this image being snapped.  I am not sure forgiveness has been granted yet.

2009 Brinton Christmas-91

2009 Brinton Christmas-448-2 

2009 Brinton Christmas-448

15 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE these shots. I can only imagine the Merrill episode(s). Beautiful family. I think my favorite face has got to be little Jack. Lovely. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful..Shelley

Sarah said...

Rachael,

Words can not say how amazing you are at this. I love the background, the families within the "family". It is amazing. Can't wait to see my own family pics and kiddos. I just love this talent you have.

Thanks so much for taking the pictures and making up do them over to get the perfect one.

Ryan + Angie said...

I can't believe how much your family is growing. Everyone looks so great. It is a beautiful shot!

Anonymous said...

I know now why I only use you! Your ideas and abilities are never ending. I can't wait to see how this new one will capture your attention. Unfortunately, a boy in a tutu or headband not so cute!

Adrienne said...

Love it! What a production that must have been. The color version is stunning.

DBarr said...

So fabulous!

Dannette & Mark said...

I want an family picture like this...one day!

Photographer said...

You can have one just like it Dannette! It's on Lake St. right behind my parents house! Beautiful eh?

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

Large groups are so hard, but you did awesome! Those look great!

Unknown said...

Rachael, Great photo of the family and especially of Merrill and Kalle! What a gift you have! I hope someday we can get our family together and have you take some of us!

Stephens Family said...

Love it, so beautiful and who would have thought that it is right out our back door? When do we get to see more of this photo shoot? Gotta love those Brintons.

Dustin Francis said...

These are super duper fantastic and I LOVE your family...even thought I know I've only met like 1/100th of them :)

beck said...

You are a talented girlie. I looked at the picture of your mom and dad and said (to myself, of course), "Rachael looks just like her mom." Funny how that happens...

The Castle Carriage said...

could he look any more like Uncle Ralph or visa versa
? Fun Pictures!